Ideal for Home School Students
Choose from 90 minute private lessons, semi private instruction with 5-6 students per class or one session per week for 10 weeks (available upon request).
Call (512) 374-9250 to inquire about current schedule and openings.
- Theory Seminar (especially geared to those taking the Theory Test with ADMTA)
- Ear Training Practice
- Beginnings of Music: Prehistory through Renaissance – Illuminated Manuscript Art Activity
- Theory Seminar (same as above with additional relevant information for the test early Nov.)
- Program Music with Halloween theme: Danse Macabre and Sorcerer’s Apprentice.
- Art Activity using Baroque design elements.
- Composition Seminar: Basics of Chord Progressions, melodic and harmonic construction
- Baroque Period of Music – relating to Art & Architecture as well as music.
- Listening examples: Bach, Handel, Vivaldi.
- American Musical Theater: Stephen Sondheim, Andrew Lloyd Weber, George M Cohan, Rogers & Hammerstein, Cole Porter.
- Christmas Music from Around the World: customs and music from a variety of cultures.
Spring classes include more composition and improvisation classes, the orchestra, chamber ensembles, periods in music history (Classical, Romantic and Contemporary), listening examples with art activities, and American Pop Music and how it relates to Classical roots, critical listening activities and Lives of the Musicians.
ONGOING MUSIC EXPRESSIONS CLASSES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- AN INTRODUCTION TO KEYBOARD SKILLS
- MUSIC HISTORY AS TOLD THROUGH A STORY
- A LISTENING EXAMPLE RELATING TO THE HISTORY EXAMPLE
- AN ART ACTIVITY RELATING TO THE ABOVE MATERIAL
- AN IMPROVISATION ACTIVITY
- EACH CHILD WILL CREATE A BINDER OF WRITTEN MATERIAL AND ARTWORK